We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services. This information includes the following: Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information you provide when you complete forms and submit a request for our Services, whether as an animal welfare organization (“AWO”) or as a pet lover. This information includes your name and email address, and may also include your phone number and physical address as well as billing and payment information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email address, if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas (e.g., message boards and forums) of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Automatically. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. This data helps us to improve our Services and to deliver better and more personalized features to you, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
Children Under the Age of 13. Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information via our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not register on our website, make any purchases through our website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, including information about animals available for adoption or fostering.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information, such as connecting AWOs with pet lovers.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To create an individual or AWO profile and provide personalized services.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- For the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis of how you and others use our website and our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Share Your Information below.
How Is Your Information Shared?
We may disclose aggregated information about users of our Services, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Petstablished's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Petstablished about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. In particular, when you provide us with your personal and organization information for purposes of connecting you with Petstablished AWOs or pet lovers, we will provide your information as you have requested.
- Provided by you on Petstablished forums freely and without limitation. Please note that any information you post or disclose on forums will become public information, and may be available to visitors to our website. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, on the public areas of our website.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
With your consent. We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Petstablished, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as described above, we will never provide your information to anyone for any purpose under any circumstances.
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Are Your Choices About How We Use and Share Your Information?
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to give you the following controls over your information:
Promotional Offers from Petstablished. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Petstablished to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, the email will have an “unsubscribe” feature that will allow you to opt-out of receiving future email distributions.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete all of your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How Is Your Information Kept Secure?
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls and will be backed up on at least a weekly basis. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services like the message boards or forums. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
What If You Have Questions or Comments?
Updated: September 24, 2014