Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
Please provide the following information for your Shuttle ride.
Please provide information for each pet that will be a passenger on the ResQ Shuttle transport. Enter information for each pet travelling with us. Include the following information: Type: name, breed/color, approximate weight and age. Please also explain any special medical conditions or behaviors that the transporter should be made aware of.
Do you have the proper enclosures or restraints for your pets to travel safely or will you need us to provide them?
Please provide us the name and telephone number of your veterinarian, if you have one.
Please list additional phone numbers for yourself, or the names and numbers of others that we may contact about your pet if we are unable to reach you.
Please read this form carefully and be aware that in consideration for ResQ Shuttle transportation services, you will be expressly assuming the risk and legal liability and waiving and releasing all claims for injuries, damages or loss your pet might sustain as a result of said services, including but not limited to: vehicle operations, the boarding and the exiting of the vehicle, and any medical services received.
In consideration of being allowed to use the transportation services offered by The ResQ Shuttle through To the ResQ, I understand that this release is being relied upon by To the ResQ and its transport volunteers to permit transportation of my pet(s) from my home TO to the location specified below:
In consideration of being allowed to use the transportation services offered by The ResQ Shuttle through To the ResQ, I understand that this release is being relied upon by To the ResQ and its transport volunteers to permit transportation of my pet(s) FROM the location specified below.
1. I HEREBY ACCEPT all conditions, rules, and regulations stipulated by The ResQ Shuttle associated with the use of the ResQ Shuttle facilities and transportation, and HEREBY AGREE to comply with them.
2. I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE TRANSPORTATION OF ANIMALS MAY BE DANGEROUS AND ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF USING TRANSPORTATION SERVICES OFFERED BY THE RESQ SHUTTLE. I understand that every animal reacts differently and that animals, by nature, are unpredictable. I understand that The ResQ Shuttle and its transporters will be providing transportation for my pet(s). I am aware of the possible risks and dangers associated with allowing The ResQ Shuttle to transport my pet(s) to and from location(s) in transportation provided by commercial and/or private motor vehicles and I knowingly accept and assume all known and unknown risks related to the transportation of my pet(s) by The ResQ Shuttle and my use of their transportation services, including without limitation all physical, mental, or health issues that may arise during or as a result of my pet's transportation or while under The ResQ Shuttle's or its transporter’ care, such as stress, illness, injury, disability or death, and all property loss, damage or theft.
3. I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: The ResQ Shuttle, To the ResQ, Inc. and all of its transporters, and/or their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, volunteers, representatives, agents, and owners or lessors of the vehicles used to provide transportation services (hereinafter the “Releasees”) from any and all known and unknown risks related to the transportation of my pet(s) or my use of The ResQ Shuttle's pet transportation services, including without limitation all physical, mental, or health issues that may arise during or as a result of my pet's transportation or while under The ResQ Shuttle or its transporters’ care, such as stress, illness, injury, disability or death, and all property loss, damage or theft, whether or not arising from the negligence or fault of a Releasee.
4. I HEREBY INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from and against any and all claims of any nature which arise or are related in any way to the transportation of my pet(s) or my use of The ResQ Shuttle's transportation services, and all liability incurred by a Releasee in connection with such claim, including without limitation all costs, expenses, and reasonable attorneys’ fees, whether or not the claim arises from the negligence or fault of a Releasee. I PROMISE NOT TO SUE, nor will I hold any Releasee otherwise responsible or financially liable for any physical, mental, or health issues that arise during or as a result of my pet's transportation, while under the ResQ Shuttle's or its service providers’ care, or while being transported by the ResQ Shuttle or its service providers, including, but not limited to: animal bites, cuts and scratches, bone breakage, tissue damage, joint problems, stress, diarrhea or other injury or death, or any loss or theft of my pet(s) or any other property of mine whether or not arising from the negligence or fault of a Releasee.
5. I HEREBY AGREE that this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement extends to all acts of negligence by any Releasee and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of West Virginia and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
6. I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE, attest and certify that my pet(s):
(1) is/are generally in good health (unless indicated otherwise below);
(2) has/have not been ill with any communicable condition in the last 15 days;
(3) has/have not harmed or shown threatening behavior (i.e. biting or attacking) towards any person or animal (unless indicated otherwise below). This does not apply to feral cats which should be in traps and covered with a blanket or cover. Transporters will be advised to be cautious with all cats transported in traps.
The ResQ Shuttle and/or its service providers may at any time return or stop the transport of a pet if he/she exhibits behavior, which could be harmful to other animals or persons.
Please enter your initials below to acknowledge. See next item to clarify any information.
Regarding the above statement, please add clarifying information regarding the animals health or behavior.
7. In the event of any illness or injury, I hereby CONSENT to whatever medical treatment or hospital care from a licensed veterinary physician and/or surgeon as deemed necessary for the safety and welfare of my pet. By signing this waiver, I understand that I will be responsible for the cost of any medical treatment or hospital care required for my pet(s) while they are in the care of The ResQ Shuttle and/or its service providers. Every attempt will be made to contact the owner prior to taking any action resulting in additional costs.
8. I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE that I will be prepared to accept the return of my pet(s) when transport is completed. The ResQ Shuttle will make every reasonable attempt to notify the person receiving the pet of an estimated time of arrival. If no one is available to receive the animal and/or we are unable to contact the responsible party, I understand that there may be a daily fee of $25 (cats) to $100 (dogs) per pet to defray the cost of care and boarding, and I will be responsible for these charges. I understand that if I do not pick up or accept the return of my pet(s) after seven (7) days, the pet will be considered abandoned and will be surrendered and sent to a rescue or no-kill shelter.
9. I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE that I will have my pet(s) in appropriate carriers or traps prior to the transporter's arrival. Our transporters are not authorized to handle your pets outside of their restraints. We will not transport any pet that requires a muzzle or other restrictive device. Our driver-handlers reserve the right to refuse transport of any pet that displays signs of aggression.
Please enter your initials below to acknowledge.
10. I further acknowledge that I am totally responsible for payment in full at the time of discharge for any treatment received at veterinary clinics and facilities.
There is an element of risk with all medical procedures. I agree to hold harmless, indemnify, and defend To the ResQ, The ResQ Shuttle and/or its service providers for any liabilities, further injuries, harm or loss of life of my pet(s), which may arise from medical care received at veterinary clinics and facilities associated with this transport.
Note: If To the ResQ will be paying for veterinary services, you should still acknowledge this statement, as you have in effect arranged for payment through the ResQ Fund.
11. I acknowledge that the animals being transported by The ResQ Shuttle belong solely to me, and I understand that I will get them back at the end of the transport day. To the ResQ, The ResQ Shuttle and all of its service providers shall make no claims of ownership to any animals of mine that they transport.
12. I AGREE that this waiver is made in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of West Virginia.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
Please enter today's date.