You understand and agree that, each time you accept to transport small animals in your personal vehicle (including vehicles not legally owned by you), you undertake certain responsibilities and obligations to Little Lives and to the small animal. These obligations and responsibilities are broadly defined in this agreement, but may on occasion exceed the terms of this agreement, depending on the needs of the individual small animal.
Little Lives, and the undersigned (hereinafter referred to as "Driver" or "you"), in consideration of the terms, conditions and promises hereinafter set forth in this Agreement, intending to be legally bound by this Agreement, agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. You accept full responsibility for all risks associated with transporting a small animal and agree that your assignees, heirs and legal representatives will not make any claim against or sue Little Lives or any of its members or volunteers, for any injury or damage resulting from your services as a Little Lives volunteer. BY THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER IT IS YOUR INTENTION TO EXEMPT AND RELIEVE LITTLE LIVES, ITS MEMBERS AND VOLUNTEERS, FROM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR WRONGFUL DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE. You further agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Little Lives, it's members and volunteers, officers, directors, and agents from any and all actions, claims, demands, losses, costs, liabilities, settlements, damages and expenses that I, my assignees, heirs, and legal representatives (including without limitation my insurance carrier) may have for any injury or damage I may suffer in connection with my services as a Little Lives volunteer driver, whether caused directly or indirectly by any negligence attributable to Little Lives, any of it’s members or volunteers, any of, its officers, directors, or volunteers.
2. You agree that your vehicle has a current, valid registration and operating license, is in safe operating condition (brakes, tires, etc.), complies with all applicable state laws in the state in which it is registered for vehicle inspections, and has a current, valid inspection sticker (if required by state law).
3. You affirm that you will carefully and safely transport all small animals under your care, including obeying all traffic laws.
4. Little Lives does not assume any responsibility or obligation to provide financial assistance to you, the driver, including, but not limited to, medical, health, disability, or liability insurance. You understand that Little Lives does not maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any of it's volunteers.
5. You understand by submitting this application, you affirm that the facts set forth in it are true and complete. You understand that if you are accepted as a volunteer, any false statements, omissions, or other misrepresentations made by you on this application may result in my immediate dismissal.
Entire Agreement; Modification; Binding Effect. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties, and supersedes any prior understandings between the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement will be valid unless it is made in writing and duly signed by both parties. This Agreement is binding upon you and your heirs, assigns, successors, personal representatives and executors.
BY TYPING YOUR NAME IN THE BOX BELOW, you confirm that you have read, and hereby agree to abide by, ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS of this Volunteer Driver Agreement.