Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
Fill out the form below. Please complete all sections of it.
This Agreement is entered into on this date by and between Waco Pets Alive! (WPA!) and the applicant (Adopter) for the adoption of the identified rescue dog ("the dog"). Enter name of dog and date in text box.
1. Adopter agrees to pay WPA! an adoption donation of $70.00 for the above named dog. This is an adoption, and WPA! is not “selling” the dog to the Adopter. The adoption donation is non-refundable.
2. Upon signing of the contract, full ownership of the above named dog is transferred to the adopter. The exception is made if the dog is not yet spayed or neutered. If not yet spayed or neutered, full ownership of the dog is transferred to the adopter following the surgical sterilization of the animal unless otherwise noted below.
3. Adopter agrees to comply with all laws and/or ordinances with the dog, including municipal, county and state. Adopter agrees to keep a collar on the dog with ID tag and current rabies tag.
4. Adopter agrees the dog is to be a family companion and agrees to provide the dog with a safe home, adequate food, water, proper care, exercise, medical attention, love and attention. The dog is not to be used as an attack or protection trained dog and will not be used for commercial guard work.
5. If euthanasia becomes necessary to end the dog’s suffering or at vet’s recommendation, Adopter agrees to have the dog humanely euthanized. Unless directed by a licensed veterinarian for reasons related to the health and welfare of the dog, cosmetic surgery will not be performed under any circumstances, including, but not limited to, tail docking or ear cropping.
6. The dog is not to ride loose in the bed of pickup trucks or convertibles. The dog is not to be left inside any vehicle when air temperature exceeds 70 degrees. Under no circumstances is the dog to be kept routinely on a runner, chain or tie out. No unaccompanied tethering.
7. If at any time the dog is lost, stolen, hurt or killed, the Adopter is to notify WPA! by email or phone. If the dog is found, WPA! will make every effort to contact Adopter with information on file. If WPA! is unable to reach the Adopter within five (5) business days, the Adopter waives all rights to the dog, and the dog will become property of WPA! and will be available for adoption.
8. Return in less than 30-days: If the dog is not a good match in the adoptive home within 30-days of the adoption date, the adopter must contact WPA!. WPA! will arrange to take possession of the dog as soon as a foster home is available, within reason. Once WPA! has room in its foster program, the adopter will be required to complete an Owner Surrender Form, transferring ownership of the dog back to WPA!. ALL vet records and tags for the dog must be returned and it is the Adopter’s responsibility to transport the dog to a WPA! representative, at Adopter’s expense.
9. In the rare event an adopted dog needs to be rehomed after 30 days from the date of adoption and because WPA! does not operate from a physical shelter and foster homes are commonly full, WPA! will provide support to the Adopter in the form of assistance with advertising their pet, on the Adopter’s behalf, for a new home. This can include listing their pet as a courtesy within WPA!'s pet listings and on social media/other advertising websites. If at any time, a WPA! adopted dog is at risk of immediate surrender to a shelter, Adopter must notify WPA! directly.
10. Adopter affirms that no member of Adopter’s household has been convicted of domestic violence, or any animal welfare law violation such as cruelty, neglect or abandonment. Adopter agrees to take all precautionary measures to prevent any interaction between the dog and any guest with such convictions on the Adopter’s property.
11. Adopter affirms that every member of the household who is age 18 or older approves of the adoption of this dog.
12. The dog adopted from WPA! has been transferred to our organization by animal facilities that have met the requirement of housing the animal for the legally permitted ‘stray-hold’ period with no owner appearing to reclaim or the animal was surrendered to us by private owners that have signed a statement agreeing that the above mentioned dog is not owned property of any other person, firm or organization. WPA! shall not be held liable, charged, or chargeable for any misrepresentations unknown to WPA!
13. WPA! has disclosed all medical and behavioral information, as it is known to us, either in person or in the provided veterinary records. However, WPA! is not able to guarantee the dog’s age, breed, medical status, behavior or disposition and Adopter agrees to hold harmless WPA! and its members or representatives for any oral promises, oral warranties or oral agreements made in error by a WPA! representative. Adopter understands that animals are inherently unpredictable and may subject the adopter to health and safety risks. Adopter agrees to waive all liability against WPA! and its members or representatives (including the Adoption Location) for any and all possible claims arising from injury or damage caused by the dog to any person or property, from the day ownership is transferred. Adopter accepts this dog “as is” with all defects, either observable or unobservable, and assumes all risk for the dog upon transfer of ownership.
14. Adopter agrees to indemnify WPA! if sued for any conduct related to the adopted animal.
15. In the event this contract, including any of its covenants and/or conditions, is breached by Adopter, WPA! has the right to rescind this contract and demand return of the dog. If Adopter fails to return the dog, WPA! has the right to seek a Court Order for return of the dog and seek liquidated damages from the Adopter in the amount of $750 plus any court costs or attorney's fees. Payment of damages shall not excuse Adopter from returning the dog to WPA!.
16. This agreement shall insure to the benefit of and be binding upon Adopter and WPA! and their successors or beneficiaries. Both parties have fully read and understood all of the agreement, which sets forth all promises, conditions, and understandings, oral or written.
17. WPA! reserves the right to deny any application or adoption at any point in the dog adoption process.
18. WPA! does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.
Additional notes (must be initialed by both Adopter and WPA! representative):
The parties acknowledge and agree that this Dog Adoption Contract may be executed by electronic signature, which shall be considered as an original signature for all purposes and shall have the same force and effect as an original signature. Without limitation, “electronic signature” shall include faxed versions of an original signature or electronically scanned and transmitted versions (e.g., via pdf) of an original signature.
Type your full name and the date