Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
Have you ever wanted to help dogs in need, but your house is already full of fur babies? Then transporting is the next best option to adopting. At The Big Mutt Express we are able to rescue dogs from all over the country with the help of our dedicated volunteers.
These dogs are then able to find their forever home, and once adopted, The Big Mutt Express can also assist with the transport to their new home. The transports are broken down into legs that range from 60 to 90 miles one way (also called relay transport).
The transport volunteer drives their leg of the route and hand off the dog(s) to the driver at the next leg of the journey.
The comfort of the animal is of the upmost importance to us and therefore depending on the dog, they could be tethered or crated. We are here to get the animals to their forever home or foster with as little stress as possible.
Facebook messenger is often used for coordinating transports. Do you have a FB account?
Name on Facebook:
Sometimes pets need a slumber party host. Can you open your home for a pet for the night?
How many dogs can you transport? (please keep in mind that we primarily transport Large/Giant breed dogs)
Please list the Make, Model and color of the car you will be transporting in
Do you have crates available for transporting? (While a crate is not always required when transporting a dog, we would like to know who has crates available when necessary.
***Please read through each statement below and click agree.
1. I agree to give 24 hours notice if I am unable to keep my commitment
2. No texting, video chatting or filming while driving is permitted on any of our runs. This is a safety precaution for our drivers as well as our passengers.
3. Please arrive at your pickup point at least 10 minutes prior to your leave time. We will be monitoring the messenger chat during transport.
4. If an emergency arises that prevents you from driving, please notify the transport coordinator as soon as possible.
6. I understand the risks involved with transporting an animal. These risks include and are not limited to possible bites, scratches, dogs may get sick, damage to vehicle, etc. I agree to not hold the sending/receiving rescue, an individual sending/receiving the pet, or the Transport Coordinator(s) liable for any physical, personal, emotional or property damage to either me, or other passengers in the vehicle.
Thank you so much for joining The Big Mutt Express, we are happy to have you! By typing your name below (electronic signature) you are agreeing to the terms above.