Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
This Agreement is entered into on this date by and between Waco Pets Alive! (WPA!) and the applicant (Adopter) for the adoption of the identified rescue cat ("the cat"). Enter name of cat and date in text box.
1. Adopter agrees to pay WPA! the advertised adoption donation for the above named cat. This is an adoption, and WPA! is not “selling” the cat to the Adopter. The adoption donation is non-refundable.
2. Upon signing of the contract, full ownership of the above named cat is transferred to the adopter. The exception is made if the cat is not yet spayed or neutered. If not yet spayed or neutered, full ownership of the cat is transferred to the adopter following the surgical sterilization of the animal unless otherwise noted below.
3. Adopter agrees to comply with all laws and/or ordinances with the cat, including municipal, county and state. Adopter agrees to make all reasonable attempts to keep a breakaway collar on the cat with ID tag and current rabies tag. It is highly recommended that the cat be confined to a cat carrier when riding in a vehicle for safety. Cat will not be left in a vehicle when air temperatures exceed 70 degrees.
4. Adopter agrees the cat is to be a family companion and agrees to provide the cat with a safe home, adequate food, water, proper care, exercise, medical attention, love and attention. Adopter agrees to maintain a clean litter box for the cat. If euthanasia becomes necessary to end the cat’s suffering or at vet’s recommendation, Adopter agrees to have the cat humanely euthanized.
5. DECLAWING INFORMATION: WPA! does not allow its rescue cats to be declawed (surgical amputation of the first knuckles). Due to the psychological and physical side effects associated with declawing, including biting, not using the litter box, and lifelong pain, Adopter agrees to not have this cat declawed, now or in the future.
6. If the cat is lost or stolen, the Adopter is to notify WPA! by email or phone. If the cat is found, WPA! will make every effort to contact Adopter with information on file. If WPA! is unable to reach the Adopter within five (5) business days, the Adopter waives all rights to the cat, and the cat will be available for adoption.
7. Return in less than 30-days: If the cat is not a good match in the adoptive home within 30-days of the adoption date, the adopter must contact WPA!. WPA! will arrange to take possession of the cat as soon as a foster home is available, within reason. Once WPA! has room in its foster program, the adopter will be required to complete an Owner Surrender Form, transferring ownership of the cat back to WPA! ALL vet records and tags for the cat must be returned and it is the Adopter’s responsibility to transport the cat to a WPA! representative, at Adopter’s expense.
8. In the rare event an adopted cat needs to be rehomed after 30 days from the date of adoption and because WPA! does not operate from a physical shelter and foster homes are commonly full, WPA! will provide support to the Adopter in the form of assistance with advertising their pet, on the Adopter’s behalf, for a new home. This can include listing their pet as a courtesy within WPA!'s pet listings and on social media/other advertising websites. If at any time, a WPA! adopted cat is at risk of immediate surrender to a shelter, Adopter must notify WPA! directly.
9. Adopter affirms that no member of Adopter’s household has been convicted of domestic violence, or any animal welfare law violation such as cruelty, neglect or abandonment. Adopter agrees to take all precautionary measures to prevent any interaction between the cat and any guest with such convictions on the Adopter’s property.
10. Adopter affirms that every member of the household who is age 18 or older approves of the adoption of this cat.
11. The cat adopted from WPA! has been transferred to our organization by animal facilities that have met the requirement of housing the animal for the legally permitted ‘stray-hold’ period with no owner appearing to reclaim or the animal was surrendered to us by private owners that have signed a statement agreeing that the above mentioned cat is not owned property of any other person, firm or organization. WPA! shall not be held liable, charged, or chargeable for any misrepresentations unknown to WPA!
12. WPA! has disclosed all medical and behavioral information, as it is known to us, either in person or in the provided veterinary records. However, WPA! is not able to guarantee the cat’s age, breed, medical status, behavior or disposition and Adopter agrees to hold harmless WPA! and its members or representatives for any oral promises, oral warranties or oral agreements made in error by a WPA! representative. Adopter understands that animals are inherently unpredictable and may subject the adopter to health and safety risks. Adopter agrees to waive all liability against WPA! and its members or representatives (including the Adoption Location) for any and all possible claims arising from injury or damage caused by the cat to any person or property, from the day ownership is transferred. Adopter accepts this cat “as is” with all defects, either observable or unobservable, and assumes all risk for the cat upon transfer of ownership.
13. In the event this contract, including any of its covenants and/or conditions, is breached by Adopter, WPA! has the right to rescind this contract and demand return of the cat.
14. This agreement shall insure to the benefit of and be binding upon Adopter and WPA! and their successors or beneficiaries. Both parties have fully read and understood all of the agreement, which sets forth all promises, conditions, and understandings, oral or written.
15. WPA! does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.
Additional notes (must be initialed by both Adopter and WPA! representative):
The parties acknowledge and agree that this Cat Adoption Contract may be executed by electronic signature, which shall be considered as an original signature for all purposes and shall have the same force and effect as an original signature. Without limitation, “electronic signature” shall include faxed versions of an original signature or electronically scanned and transmitted versions (e.g., via pdf) of an original signature.
Type your full name and the date