Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
In order for a private party to turn in your dog to my rescue, the animal must meet the following standards. Please do not offer a dog to us, nor call me about taking a dog, who has bitten a person or another dog. If your dog is not social with people and other dogs it doesn’t know, it will not be accepted in my rescue. We will always test the dog here in Punta Gorda for sociability with other dogs and people. Please do not waste my time and yours by bringing a dog here who you know will fail this test. Please do not offer a dog to us unless you understand that we will spay or neuter the dog immediately on arrival. We will charge you $350 for a dog who is not fixed. We will need a current heartworm test for a dog that does not have up to date vet records showing it was on prevention for the past year before you offer the dog to me. I will no longer accept dogs from personal surrenders who have not housebroken them.
Pet's age and gender:
Driver's license number:
Dogs date of birth:
SUBMITTING THIS FORM ON LINE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I certify that I am the rightful owner of this pet and I have the right to transfer ownership immediately to Southwest Fl GSD Rescue.
2. I understand that I will be charged for this turn in at a rate of $225 for a neutered pet, $350 for an un-neutered pet and more if the pet is HW POS and all fees are at the discretion of Southwest FL GSD Rescue. EFFECTIVE 6/1/18 we charge $225-$350 for any dog we take in as give ups from owners based on the condition of the dog. If the turned in dog is not spayed or neutered the cost to take in a pet from an owner is $350 for a male or a female. If the dog is fixed the fee is $225. IF THE DOG IS HEART WORM POSITIVE AT THE TIME OF TURN IN THE FEE IS $500. Current Heartworm test required at tie of turn in.
3. I expressly agree that SWFLGSD Rescue, its owners, volunteers, staff, employees, fosters or subcontractors will be indemnified from any and all legal actions relating to the transfer of this pet by me (the owner) regardless of the scope, location or nature of that legal action.
4. I understand that SWFLGSD Rescue will re-home this animal to any person or family that they deem appropriate for the animal, based on their standard criteria, and will have the final say as to the suitability of that family unless expressly agreed to by both parties at the time of turn over.
5. I certify that this animal has never been in any bite case, nor done harm to any human being nor shown aggressive behaviors of any kind to any humans during the time I have owned the pet.
6. I certify that the vet and medical records turned over with the animal are accurate and truthful and my vets name and number are recorded below:
Vet phone number:
Your signature below: