Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
Fill out the form below. Please complete all sections of it.
This Foster Agreement hereinafter (“The Contract”) is made on the date listed below by and between Sweet Paws Rescue. Hereinafter (“SPR”) and Foster residing at the address listed below. This agreement is valid for any current or future animals hereinafter (“Cat”) in Foster’s care on behalf of Sweet Paws Rescue. The parties hereby agree to the following:
a. Foster shall accept and consider the Cat as a household companion, not as an outside cat, and will provide the Cat with a safe environment, humane treatment, and provide proper food, fresh water, shelter, and exercise. Foster agrees this Cat will not be abused in any manner. The Cat will not be chained at any time, nor will it be permitted off the property of the Foster unless accompanied by a mature individual. Cat shall not be used in any aspect of animal fighting. The Cat shall not be the subject of or subjected to any biological, chemical, psychological, or other experiment.
b. The Cat shall be allowed to sleep indoors and protected from the elements or adverse conditions. The Cat shall not be housed or kept outside or in a yard. The Cat shall not be allowed to roam free or unsupervised outside.
c. Foster shall immediately notify SPR if the Cat is lost or stolen, and shall make every reasonable effort to recover the Cat.
d. Foster shall not give up or sell the Cat to another person, relative, friend, or any other individual, or any rescue group, humane association, shelter, or adoption center unless pre- approved by SPR.
e. Foster shall not under any circumstance give up or sell the Cat for any medical or experimental laboratory or any organization.
f. Foster shall not alter the Cat’s appearance in any way, shape or form (ex: cropping, docking).
g. Foster permits SPR to visit at reasonable convenient times to check on the well being of the Cat.
a. Foster is assigned a Foster Coordinator and must schedule vet appointments through him or her. Foster is responsible for transporting the Cat to and from appointments. b. If the Cat is not spayed or neutered at the time this Contract is signed, Foster must arrange, through the Foster Coordinator to have the Cat spayed or neutered at one of SPR’s approved veterinary partners. Foster shall not breed the Cat. c. Foster shall immediately notify Foster Coordinator the event of the Cat’s injury, illness, or death during the foster care period.
b. If the Cat is not spayed or neutered at the time this Contract is signed, Foster must arrange, through the Foster Coordinator to have the Cat spayed or neutered at one of SPR’s approved veterinary partners. Foster shall not breed the Cat.
c. Foster shall immediately notify Foster Coordinator the event of the Cat’s injury, illness, or death during the foster care period.
a. Foster will be responsible for providing litter and food.
a. Foster shall allow a reasonable amount of time for the Cat to adjust to new surroundings.
b. For the safety of Foster's household and other resident cats, Foster is required to carefully plan the Cat’s introduction into the home. The Cat should be separated from all other animals in the household for the first few days. Slow introductions are required for each Cat and this in turn will create a more balanced transition period for the Cat. If this is not followed, SPR reserves the right to relinquish the Cat from Foster’s home and relieve Foster of their duties.
a. SPR markets cats available for adoption through various methods including Facebook and website. Foster is responsible for assisting in marketing his or her foster cat through word of mouth, and by providing photos and a good description of the Cat for marketing.
a. Foster understands the commitment he or she is making by agreeing to foster the and that there is no definitive time period. Foster understands it may take weeks or possibly longer for the Cat to be adopted.
b. If Foster can no longer care for the Cat, Foster shall notify SPR so SPR can make every effort to find a suitable foster or adoptive home for the cat. SPR will do everything possible to place the Cat accordingly. However, the Foster understands that it may take time to find the Cat a sufficient home for its needs.
c. Foster understands that during the foster period, SPR has ownership of the Cat. SPR may recover the Cat from Foster at any time during the foster period.
a. If Foster decides to permanently adopt the Cat, Foster shall notify Foster Coordinator and upon approval, shall follow established adoption procedures including signing an Adoption Contract and paying the Cat’s adoption fee.
b. If Foster finds a permanent/adoptive home for the Cat, Foster shall notify SPR and upon approval, shall follow established adoption procedures.
1. While fostering, the Foster will gain knowledge of certain Confidential Information belonging to SPR. Confidential Information includes adopter information, financial information, euthanasia records, animal health information, medical information of volunteers or regarding accidents (including cat bites, scratches, etc.) information about the isolation unit and other confidential business practices and daily findings/happenings during and after business hours of SPR.
2. You know the importance to us of this key info. Foster acknowledges and agrees that some, if not all of such Confidential Information amounts to trade secrets, as defined under the Massachusetts Trade Secrets Act, and that all such Confidential Information is valuable, special, and unique assets of SPR business, and that SPR makes all reasonable efforts to maintain the secrecy of such information.
3. Even if you just think about using this type of info, our lawyer loses sleep…seriously, she does. In the event of the Foster’s breach or threatened breach of this Agreement, SPR shall be entitled to a preliminary restraining order and an injunction restraining and enjoining the Volunteer from disclosing all or any part of SPR Confidential
4. Information and from rendering any services to any person, firm, corporation, association, or other entity to whom all or any part of such Confidential Information has been, or is threatened to be, disclosed. In addition to, or in lieu of, the above, SPR may pursue all other remedies available to SPR, under the Massachusetts Trade Secrets Act or any other law or doctrine of law, for such breach or threatened breach, including the recovery of damages from the Volunteer.
5. Sharing this info when you shouldn’t will hurt us; so please don’t. The parties expressly agree that, in the event of a breach of this Agreement by Foster, SPR shall be entitled to recovery of attorney fees and costs for enforcement of this Agreement.
6. When You Help Us Out, You Agree to Behave. Foster agrees to engage in conduct that is consistent with the law and this Agreement. If not, the Foster agrees to indemnify and hold harmless SPR and the SPR Team.
7. This Agreement Holds Up. Foster agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of the Release which shall continue to be enforceable.