Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
Fill out the form below. Please complete all sections of it.
Please take the time to read the information belowe.
This agreement is entered into this date by and between Sweet Paws Rescue (“SPR”) and the Foster Home for the foster of each rescue dog placed in the Foster’s care by SPR from time to time (each such dog referred to herein as “the dog”).
1. Foster agrees the dog is to be a family companion and agrees to provide the dog with a safe home, adequate food, water, proper care, exercise, love and attention. Foster agrees not to violate any laws or ordinances relating to animal welfare. The dog is not to be used as an attack or protection trained dog and will not be used for commercial guard work.
2. Foster agrees that the dog will be confined to a safe place inside the home when no one is at home. When Foster is to go away for vacation, Foster is to get all care givers pre-approved - through Sweet Paws Rescue protocol.
3. The dog shall not ride loose in the bed of pickup trucks, convertibles or to be left in a car when air temperatures exceed 70 degrees
4. Foster agrees to have a clean, secure fenced area for the dog. If a fenced enclosure is not available, Foster agrees to leash walk dog. Dogs should not be left outside unattended. Under no circumstances should the dog be kept outside on a runner, tie out system or electric fence.
5. Foster agrees that, to the extent possible, any veterinary care for the dog must be approved by SPR prior to charges being incurred. Foster agrees to abide by the decision of SPR in regards to authorizing any medical care for the dog, including the denial of such authorization. SPR shall reimburse Foster for all pre-approved veterinary care. Foster understands and agrees that any unauthorized veterinary care will not be reimbursed and Foster shall be responsible to pay those charges.
6. Foster understands and agrees that the dog is the property of SPR. Foster does not have any ownership interest in said dog; all such rights remain with SPR. Foster understands that fostering a dog for SPR is not the same as adopting the dog from SPR and that the dog must be made available for viewing to potential adopters. If Foster decides to adopt the dog, then Foster must immediately notify SPR. Upon receipt of such notification, SPR may, in its sole discretion, allow Foster to adopt the dog so long as Foster completes the paperwork necessary for adoption and pays the then current adoption fee for the dog.
7. Foster agrees to notify SPR in writing of a change in address and/or phone number five (5) days prior to such change.
8. SPR makes no guarantees or statements regarding the dog's age, breed, health, or temperament. While SPR has made every effort to provide accurate history and assessment of the dog, SPR is not able to guarantee the dog’s age, breed, medical status or history, behavior or disposition. Foster hereby releases SPR and its employees, directors, members and representatives of any and all possible claims arising from injury or damage caused by the dog to any person or property or relating to the health or temperament of the dog. Foster accepts this dog as is with all defects, either observable or unobservable, and assumes all risk for the dog upon signing of this contract.
9. If for whatever reason Foster is unable to continue to foster the dog, Foster shall immediately return the dog to SPR. Foster agrees not to give away, sell or dispose of the dog without the prior written consent of SPR. If the dog becomes lost, seriously injured, and/or permanently disfigured, evidences any behavioral or serious health problems or for any reason the dog dies, SPR shall be notified immediately. Notification of SPR shall include all veterinarian, animal control, legal and other paperwork.
10. Foster will allow SPR to conduct home visits and phone check-ins at SPR’s discretion in order to check on the dog’s welfare. SPR may reclaim possession of the dog at any time without payment of any kind. *
11. Foster releases, discharges and shall indemnify and hold SPR, its officers, employees, directors, representatives, volunteers and affiliates harmless for any injury, damage, liabilities or other claims which arise out of or result from Foster’s possession of the dog or the activities of the dog while in the possession or care of Foster and which are caused by Foster’s breach of this agreement, negligence or willful misconduct.
12. In the event any provision of this agreement, including all its covenants and conditions, is breached by Foster, and/or any misrepresentations have been made by Foster, SPR has the right to rescind this contract and Foster will return the dog to SPR. If Foster fails to return the dog, SPR has the right to seek a court order for return of the dog and seek liquidated damages from Foster in the amount of $800 plus any court costs or attorney’s fees. Payment of damages shall not excuse Foster from returning the dog to SPR.
13. This agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon Foster and SPR and their successors or beneficiaries. Both parties have fully read and understood all of the agreement, which sets forth all promises, conditions, and understandings, oral or written.