When representing Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue it is important to behave in a professional, polite and friendly manner. You never know when you're speaking to the next donor, adopter, or volunteer.
When handling dogs:
- Always keep the dog under control on the leash provided. NEVER take the dog off leash, unless in an enclosed area.
- Always keep the dog close enough to you to be able to maintain control.
- Report any of the following behaviors to Jennifer or the foster/caretaker upon return of the dog so we can assess and make a plan to address the behavior.
- Reactive Barking
- Tugging on leash with mouth
- Any other concerning behavior
- If a dog should bite someone:
- Make sure they get the medical help they need.
- Explain this is a rescue dog and give them our rescue name and phone number. (920-343-6121 is the rescue number and goes to Sandie Gore.)
- Contact Sandie Gore immediately following the incident at 920-498-1488.
Rescue can be tough on the heart and mind, but what we are doing is important and you will be rewarded knowing that our dogs are getting the happily ever after they deserve. Always remember that we are a team and each volunteer in our organization is here for the same reason, to help our dogs find their forever homes. Remember this when interacting with fellow volunteers.