Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
Fill out the form below. Please complete all sections of it.
Method of Payment
Name of Animal Adopted (Rescue name)
Pets new name (If decided)
1. (Name) hereinafter referred to as “cat”, is being transferred to the adopting owner with the understanding that the adopter is taking possession of the cat to treat and to be responsible for it as his/her own cat.
2. The adopter will pay the Rescue a non-refundable adoption fee
3. If the animal is not yet spayed or neutered, the adopter will also pay the Rescue a refundable deposit that will be returned upon presentation of proof that the animal has been spayed/neutered.
4. I understand that the adoption fee is non-refundable, regardless of how long I have the cat in my possession, even if I am not able to keep the cat or if I return the cat to the Rescue for any reason.
5. Each prospective adoptive home can be visited by a Rescue employee or other approved individual, to evaluate its qualifications as an adoptive home. I understand that the Rescue may re-evaluate the home after the adoption to ensure that the conditions of this agreement are being complied with.
6. The cat will be treated as a family member with loving care and affection. I will do my best to ensure the cat’s safety and well-being.
7. I will feed the cat at least twice a day and provide a fresh supply of water at all times.
8. The cat will live inside my home and will not be isolated from the family. If my cat goes outside, it will only be under supervision. I will never let my cat run loose or roam, keep it continuously in a yard, garage, patio, balcony, or pen, or leave my cat outdoors, even in a fenced yard when no one is at home.
9. I will take the cat to a licensed veterinarian no later than (date) for his/her yearly exam and to receive any needed vaccines. I will provide all required and/or needed veterinary care, including: rabies shots as required every one or three years; booster shots as recommended and prompt treatment by a licensed veterinarian for any illness or injury.
10. I affirm that no member of my household has been convicted or charged with any animal welfare law violation such as neglect, cruelty, abandonment, etc. I affirm that no member of my household has been convicted or charged with any domestic battery or sex crime.
11. I will ensure proper licensing of the cat and will attach the appropriate license tags, rabies tag and personal identification tag to a break away collar to be worn at all times. I will ensure compliance with all applicable local ordinances and state statutes.
12. I will never declaw my cat.
13. I am adopting the cat for myself and I agree to not give away, sell, or trade the cat, even as a gift to a friend or family member. I will neither take the cat to a shelter, euthanize for non-medical reasons, nor abandon the cat without first notifying the Rescue that I can no longer take care of the cat. I understand that I must notify the Rescue, without delay, if I can no longer care for or keep the cat and agree to give the Rescue reasonable time to find the cat a new home or place the cat in an approved foster home, if available. I must notify the Rescue of any behavioral problems that have occurred at any time before I return the cat. If I am unable or unwilling to keep the cat for any reason, or if the placement is disadvantageous to the Rescue, I agree that I must contact the Rescue giving it the first option of reacquiring the cat before any further placement. I agree that I may NEVER transfer ownership of the cat unless the Rescue first elects not to exercise this option within 14 days. Further, if the Rescue determines that the placement is disadvantageous to the Rescue, I agree the Rescue may work with us, the new owner(s), to rectify the situation to its satisfaction or it may require the new owner to relinquish possession of the cat to the Rescue. If the cat is euthanized, lost or otherwise unable to be returned to the Rescue due to the negligence or intent of the adopter to circumvent the Rescue’s right of redemption, it is agreed that the adopter will be in breach of this agreement and is subject to pay liquidated damages to the Rescue in the amount of
14. I agree to accept responsibility and ownership of the cat at my own risk and I release the Rescue, its officers, directors, members, employees, representatives, agents or assigns from any and all liability arising out of possession and ownership of the cat. I agree that I am assuming total financial responsibility for the cat as of the date of this contract. The Rescue will not be held responsible for any damages or expenses (veterinary or other) incurred during ownership of the cat.
15. I acknowledge that the Rescue may not be held liable should the cat bite or injure a person or another animal. I accept full liability for the cat, recognizing the potential issues that may arise with any animal.
16. In the event the cat becomes lost; I will immediately notify the Rescue. I will immediately notify the Rescue of any change of contact information (address, phone number(s), or email address).
17. The cat’s microchip will be linked to the Rescue as a back up contact (address, phone number, or email address). I agree to keep the microchip updated with my contact information. In the event the microchip stops working (backs out after implantation, microchip cannot be found with microchip scanner) I agree to notify the Rescue without delay so that a new microchip can be implanted.
18. I agree the cat will always be transported in a carrier.
19. The cat’s known background and medical history have been discussed with me. I understand that the Rescue has made no representation concerning the health, condition, training, behavior, or temperament of the cat. I also acknowledge that I have received the rabies vaccination flyer.
20. The Rescue makes no representations or warranties regarding the temperament or physical condition of any adoptive cat. All warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, where they are applicable, are hereby specifically disclaimed.
21. I will not abuse or neglect the cat or allow it to be abused or neglected. I authorize the Rescue, at its sole discretion, to determine whether or not the cat has been abused or neglected while in my possession for purposes of exercising its right of return.
22. If it is determined that negligence has occurred that caused the cat to become ill or injured, the Rescue will be entitled to any and all expenses incurred to return the cat to health.
23. The Rescue will not be held liable for any damage or loss resulting from counseling advice supplied to owners of cat. The cat’s behavior now and in the future is solely the responsibility of the owners of the cat. Should any behavior on the cat’s part now or in the future result in damage to property, the owners, or person of some third party, the owner agrees to assume full liability to such third party for any and all such damage, and to absolve the Rescue from any and all obligations to pay such damage to third party.
24. The Rescue’s cats are typically affectionate and friendly, and the Rescue will not place a cat known to be of an unsound temperament. However, no one can predict how any cat will react in a given situation, especially without complete knowledge of its life experiences. Therefore, adoptive owner(s) are strongly urged to exercise prudence and caution in introducing an adoptive cat into a new situation until the new addition has become fully adjusted to its new environment and the adoptive owner has had an opportunity to become familiar with that cat’s unique personality.
25. I agree to not allow my cat to ever be allowed to run loose in an unfenced area. I understand the Rescue’s goal is that the cat is kept as a house cat in close companionship with their families and it should be in a home where it will be sleeping in the home and not left outdoors. I agree to always give the Rescue’s goal priority in considering the cat’s living arrangements.
26. I agree to be prepared to demonstrate the ability and willingness to provide proper food, medical care, and a loving, safe, healthy, and clean environment for the adoptive cat.
27. The Rescue shall not be responsible for any bodily injuries or property damage and/ or damage to other animals caused by any adopted cat or by the actions of its adoptive owners. The adoptive owner hereby specifically assumes sole responsibility for, and agrees to indemnify and hold Demi’s Animal Rescue, Inc. harmless from any and all loss and expenses (including legal fees) by reason of liability imposed by law upon the Rescue or any of its officers, directors, members, employees, representatives, agents, or assigns because of bodily injuries or death to any person or persons including the adoptive owners, or any damage to property and/or animals arising out of or in consequence of the placement of the cat howsoever such injuries, death or damage to property and/or animals may be caused, whether or not the same may have been caused, or may be alleged to have been accused, by negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their directors, members, employees, representatives, agents, or assigns or any other person.
28. I agree to permit the Rescue to make inquiry about and enforce any of the above conditions and requirements at any time after adoption. This can include visits to my home and contact with my veterinarian. I UNDERSTAND THAT FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE PROVISIONS WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF THE CAT TO THE RESCUE.
29. I understand that by voluntarily signing this agreement, I am entering into a legal and binding contract with the Rescue.
BY TYPING YOUR NAME BELOW, YOU AGREE THIS IS YOUR DIGITAL SIGNATURE AND FULLY ACCEPT AND ENDORSE THIS CONTRACTUAL AGREEEMENT
We send out 1 newsletter a month and usually a few additional emails throughout the year for special events. We do not share your contact information.