Not what you were looking for? You can adopt a different pet in Morris' adoption services cover the Greater Philadelphia/Pennsylvania Region including the tri-state area: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. by using our search feature and adjusting the radius. Thank you for helping our animal shelters and rescue groups with pet adoption!
If you have questions about Chase please contact Morris Animal Refuge
Morris Animal Refuge
The Morris Animal Refuge is a 501(c)(3) open admission shelter dedicated to helping the homeless, abandoned and unwanted pets of the Philadelphia region. Founded in 1874 by Elizabeth Morris, we were the first organization dedicated to sheltering and rehoming pets, and continue that legacy today by providing adoptions, a low-cost spay/neuter program, fostering, humane education and more.
Morris' adoption services cover the Greater Philadelphia/Pennsylvania Region including the tri-state area: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware.
• To adopt you will need to fill out our Online Adoption Application or complete one at the Morris Animal Refuge (1242 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147). There you can view the available animals that are waiting for their new family to take them home.
• Applications generally take 24-48 hours for approval. There is a possibility for same day adoption if all information on the application is confirmed, but we cannot guarantee it. Once your completed application is reviewed by an Adoption Counselor you will be contacted to let you know you are approved and if there are any restrictions on your adoption. Bear in mind, that frequently an application may get delayed while waiting for all the necessary information from the references you provided to be confirmed.
• We begin our review of Adoption Applications by the next working business day after submission. Reviews are generally completed within two working days of submittal. It is your responsibility to check with us after that time to determine the status of your application.
• No animal may be selected until your application has been processed and approved. You are welcome to walk through the shelter to view the animals prior to adoption.
• Once approved, you may come in to select any animal that fits the guidelines of your approved application. The Adoption Coordinator will review your selection and will make the necessary arrangements for taking the animal home. All animals are spayed or neutered before going home. If the animal is not already neutered it will be necessary to wait a few days before picking up your animal. You will be called after your new pet is neutered to come and take it home.
• Your approved application stays active for six months if there are no changes in the information you gave. If you do not see an animal you are interested in at this time, we encourage you to stop in anytime to see our current animals.
• The Morris Animal Refuge reserves the right to refuse any adoption.
& Neutering Adoption of Pre-Neutered Animal