Hey there! My name is Mick and I'm a friendly, medium-energy, standard schnauzer mix. That's kind of a nice breed mix for those of us living in Houston, because I don't shed as much as some of those longer-haired dogs. I like to be petted and be affectionate, but I'm also a dog that doesn't need to have constant attention. I'm very good at letting you do your work, while I just hang out and chew on my chews.
Are you looking for a family dog? I'm used to living with children and I'm quite gentle with them. At night, I sleep through the night in my crate, and don't wake them up. I do enjoy being outside in the yard for fresh air breaks. I'm quite content to hang out in the back yard and soak up sun and check out the new plants. I also like walks and I'm pretty good walking on a leash. I'm sure that I can be a good jogging partner for you, if you'll take a little time to train me. I'm well-mannered and know some basic commands. I like to please people, so I'm happy to be trained. I'm an energetic dog and would do best with an active family. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and set a date to come and meet me. I'll be looking forward to meeting you.
Age: 3.5 yrs
If you have questions about Mick Jagger please contact Red Collar Rescue
Red Collar Rescue
Red Collar Rescue is an all volunteer 501 (3)(C) animal welfare charity dedicated to providing rescue services, medical care, foster care, training and adoptive placement to stray and abandoned dogs and cats in Houston and surrounding areas.
Shelter Driving Directions
Red Collar Rescue holds two adoption events each month.
Date: 2nd and 4th Saturdays
Time: 1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Petsmart, I10/Taylor, 1907 Taylor, Houston, TX
Red Collar Rescue is located in Houston, TX. We adopt out to the greater Houston area as well as the continental US.
Red Collar Rescue works hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member.
5. If the initial meeting goes well, we make an appt and bring the pet to your home to meet all family members - human and furry.
6. Upon agreement by all parties, the adoption is finalized by signing the adoption contract and making an adoption donation for your newest family member.