Introducing Boston, a 1.5 year old lab mix.
*Let's start with all the things that make you fall in love with Boston:
1. His dashing good looks(obviously).
2. His charm.
3. His love for his people- he is one of those dogs that looks at his mom and dad with complete adoration.
4. His smarts, he knows numerous commands.
5. He loves rock music, Boston being a favorite of course.
6. He loves to tag along for a good brunch on a patio.
7. He loves walks and trails.
8. Great with kids of all ages..
9. Loves a good car ride
10. Loves other dogs and lives with 3 in his foster home.
11. He doesn't meet a stranger.
12. He is house trained and crate trained.
13. That smile.
14. Basically, he is the poster child for rescue dogs everywhere.
*Things we don't appreciate about Boston:
1. He has doggy OCD and given the opportunity he swallows socks or other small random textiles in one gulp.
A few months ago- Boston's first owners wanted to have him euthanized instead of paying for surgery to remove a dish towel from his stomach. Thankfully, a sweet vet tech intervened and he was surrendered to us and he had the surgery. Since then Boston was taken in by an amazing foster family. His journey consisted of a lot of trial and error which inevitably lead to a few slip ups. Boston is no dummy, and our vet believes he has a form of OCD. Pretty soon you may see him star on MTV's "True Life -I have a dangerous eating obsession".
Boston has been doing well for a while now- his foster family has focused on drinking lots of wine, keeping a tidy house, spending one on one time with him, keeping him exercised as well as exercising his mind with doggy games. Crates and baby gates are also their best friends.
It hasn't been easy or cheap but Boston has been so worth it. Boston's adoption fee is $500 and includes but is not limited to- his neuter surgery, microchip, up to date vaccinations, heart worm preventative, wellness bloodwork, health certificate and transportation from Memphis to your area upon adoption. For an application please visit our website www.wilsonanimalrescue.com/adopt
Not what you were looking for? You can adopt a different pet in Wilson Animal Rescue is 501(c)(3) based in Memphis, TN. We are able to transport our dogs upon adoption via Road Home Pet Transport. by using our search feature and adjusting the radius. Thank you for helping our animal shelters and rescue groups with pet adoption!