Please meet Moo Moo! Moo Moo is a full-figured lady who came to the shelter when her former family was moving and couldn't take her along. Moo Moo is a nice girl who enjoys a soft pet or two, and adores a tasty treat! Moo Moo, however, does not like being picked up, so her new family has to be mindful of that. Moo Moo is a bit overweight and will need your help in losing weight safely to keep her healthy and happy. A beautiful and very lovable girl is waiting for you - stop by today and say hello!
LaSalle Street/Charlotte's Corner
If you are interested in meeting Moo Moo please visit the Anti-Cruelty Society Adoption Gallery at the following link for up to the second availability and location information: http://anticruelty.org/adopt-a-new-companion/adopt-a-cat/. Based on age and location our cat adoption fees range from $60-$85 and dog adoptions fees are $95-$170. (There is an additional fee when adopting at Lambs Farm to cover their expenses.) Each adoption fee includes a complete veterinary exam, vaccinations, a heartworm test for dogs, feline leukemia test for cats, spaying or neutering, lifetime ID tag, 24PetWatch microchip, dog leash or cat carrier and a free 1 month trial of pet insurance through our partner Shelter Care. For more information on adoption visit the following link: http://anticruelty.org/adopt-a-new-companion/adoption-information/
If you have questions about Moo Moo please contact The Anti-Cruelty Society
The Anti-Cruelty Society
The mission of The Anti-Cruelty Society is building a community of caring by helping pets and educating people. The Anti-Cruelty Society is committed to caring. We shall: provide compassionate care for any animal in need, attempt to find a home for every healthy or rehabilitatable dog and cat that comes to us, intervene to prevent cruelty to animals, partner with the community to educate on animal issues and inspire compassion and respect, and provide low or no cost spaying and neutering.
Shelter Driving Directions
The Anti-Cruelty Society is open for adoption at the following times: Monday-Friday: 12:00pm-6:30pm and Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm-4:30pm. The shelter is located at 510 N. LaSalle, and there is validated parking available in our garage on the southeast corner of Wells St. at Grand Avenue.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older for standard adoptions. Seniors 60 and over qualify for the Pets for the Elderly Program.
2. Must have valid ID with current address
3. Dog adopters must provide landlord's name and phone number (or copy of current lease)
4. All members of the household should be present
5. You must understand that The Anti-Cruelty Society must approve your adoption application
6. Based on age and location our cat adoption fees range from $60-$100 and dog adoptions fees are $60-$220. (There is an additional fee when adopting at Lambs Farm to cover their expenses.)
Each adoption Includes:
1. Complete veterinary exam
2. Inoculations against rabies and other diseases
3. Heartworm test for dogs /Feline leukemia test for cats
4. Spaying or neutering (it's mandatory)
6. Lifetime ID tag (on The Anti-Cruelty Society's registry)
7. Permanent identification microchip
8. Dog leash or cat carrier
9. Free 30 day pet insurance through ShelterCare