Hi Guys, Smuggler here! I am named after the breath taking beautiful Smuggler Mountain in Colorado, because my coat is white as snow!
I somehow ended up homeless and on the street searching for food. Some people were not very nice to me, so it took a while for me to trust anyone enough to be rescued. But here I am now, living the good life and getting lots of TLC!
I have had the works...vaccines, neuter, micro-chip, etc...and am a perfectly healthy pup! I LOVE other dogs and need to be in a home with a k9 sibling to make me feel more comfortable. I am timid with new people, and need someone that will be patient with me while I learn to trust again. It takes more than one meet and greet for me to warm up to new people. Fast moves and loud noises scare me, so I prefer to be in a home with adults, as young children are a bit too much for me.
I am crate trained and almost house-trained and also learning my basic commands. I am very gentle and sweet boy and hope to have my forever home soon.
Please email email@example.com to make me a part of your family!
Age: 1.5 year
Weight: 38 lbs
Dogs? can only go to a home with another dog
Cats? unknown, but probably fine
Kids? would not recommend...he is too shy...kids would scare him
Needs Foster? yes
If you have questions about Smuggler please contact Red Collar Rescue
Red Collar Rescue
Red Collar Rescue is an all volunteer 501 (3)(C) animal welfare charity dedicated to providing rescue services, medical care, foster care, training and adoptive placement to stray and abandoned dogs and cats in Houston and surrounding areas.
Shelter Driving Directions
Red Collar Rescue holds two adoption events each month.
Date: 2nd and 4th Saturdays
Time: 1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Petsmart, I10/Taylor, 1907 Taylor, Houston, TX
Red Collar Rescue is located in Houston, TX. We adopt out to the greater Houston area as well as the continental US.
Red Collar Rescue works hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member.
5. If the initial meeting goes well, we make an appt and bring the pet to your home to meet all family members - human and furry.
6. Upon agreement by all parties, the adoption is finalized by signing the adoption contract and making an adoption donation for your newest family member.