Hi, My name is Hobby...as in Hobby Airport, because I was living on the streets over there. I was hoping to catch a flight to a better life, but alas, I didn't have any money to buy a ticket. Turns out my guardian angel was right here in Houston. I have several sponsors and a kind foster mom, now. I'm a healthy 1 yr old boy, all ready to find my forever home. I am very, very friendly, super handsome, and love people, toys, and playing with my K9 foster brother. I can play and play. I will be excellent in a household, where the family will want to include me in activities...especially playing fetch, taking hikes, walking, jogging, etc. But, don't get fooled into thinking that I'm only about playing. I do like to snuggle and be petted. Chill out time is always nice. I am very gregarious and think that life should be an adventure. I love meeting new people and dogs. Life is to be embraced, is my motto! I am starting obedience training and have shown to be a quick study. I have learned to “sit to say please” and I can tell you...I'm quite polite. I do need a little reinforcement from time to time, as I'm still a bit of a teenager and I need reminders. My sponsors have said that they will pay for 2 training sessions or a group obedience class to help my new family learn how to continue my training. That way, you'll know what I know!.
I am being fostered in HOUSTON, TX. I am available for out-of-state adoptions.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Age: 1 yr
Weight: 38 lbs
Kids: OK, not toddlers
HW status: negative
Needs foster: yes
If you have questions about Hobby please contact Red Collar Rescue
Red Collar Rescue
Red Collar Rescue is an all volunteer 501 (3)(C) animal welfare charity dedicated to providing rescue services, medical care, foster care, training and adoptive placement to stray and abandoned dogs and cats in Houston and surrounding areas.
Shelter Driving Directions
Red Collar Rescue holds two adoption events each month.
Date: 2nd and 4th Saturdays
Time: 1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Petsmart, I10/Taylor, 1907 Taylor, Houston, TX
Red Collar Rescue is located in Houston, TX. We adopt out to the greater Houston area as well as the continental US.
Red Collar Rescue works hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member.
5. If the initial meeting goes well, we make an appt and bring the pet to your home to meet all family members - human and furry.
6. Upon agreement by all parties, the adoption is finalized by signing the adoption contract and making an adoption donation for your newest family member.