Hi, I'm Slater! Don't you think I'm gorgeous? I had a bit of a rough time living on the streets, and did not like being at the city pound either. I was just not super happy to be there, so my days were numbered. But some volunteers took the time to get to know me a little, and saw my sweet side shining through. Then Red Collar Rescue saved me and got me out of the pound to safety!
I'm quite a stunner in the looks department. I'm a good boy, kind of quiet and introspective. I am shy when first meeting people, but when I get to know you and trust you, I will be your best friend for life! Quick moves and lots of activity scare me, so I would probably be best in a home without children. I get along with dogs, and I love my foster K9 siblings. I've become a pretty good snuggler in my foster home too! I'm calm and gentle and a total Prince Charming, just waiting for you!
I can't wait to meet my new forever family! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get it started.
Age: 4 yrs
Weight: 70 lbs
Needs Foster? no
If you have questions about Slater please contact Red Collar Rescue
Red Collar Rescue
Red Collar Rescue is an all volunteer 501 (3)(C) animal welfare charity dedicated to providing rescue services, medical care, foster care, training and adoptive placement to stray and abandoned dogs and cats in Houston and surrounding areas.
Shelter Driving Directions
Red Collar Rescue holds two adoption events each month.
Date: 2nd and 4th Saturdays
Time: 1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Petsmart, I10/Taylor, 1907 Taylor, Houston, TX
Red Collar Rescue is located in Houston, TX. We adopt out to the greater Houston area as well as the continental US.
Red Collar Rescue works hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member.
5. If the initial meeting goes well, we make an appt and bring the pet to your home to meet all family members - human and furry.
6. Upon agreement by all parties, the adoption is finalized by signing the adoption contract and making an adoption donation for your newest family member.