Howdy! My name is Stetson! My name might be "rough and tumble" but I'm all about the love! I am a gentle boy with a heart as big as Texas! I am calm and gentle but I also love to play, especially with my sister Hattie! I am great with other dogs and kids too. I am patient, kind, affectionate, walk nicely on a leash and like toys. I am well-mannered and my sweet smile will just melt your heart! So let's meet, I know you'll love me! (and maybe ask to meet Hattie too - we'd love to find a home with enough love for both of us!)
Age: 5 yrs
Weight: 55 lbs
Needs foster? yes
UPDATE from Stetson's sponsor:
If you have questions about Stetson please contact Red Collar Rescue
Red Collar Rescue
Red Collar Rescue is an all volunteer 501 (3)(C) animal welfare charity dedicated to providing rescue services, medical care, foster care, training and adoptive placement to stray and abandoned dogs and cats in Houston and surrounding areas.
Shelter Driving Directions
Red Collar Rescue holds two adoption events each month.
Date: 2nd and 4th Saturdays
Time: 1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Petsmart, I10/Taylor, 1907 Taylor, Houston, TX
Red Collar Rescue is located in Houston, TX. We adopt out to the greater Houston area as well as the continental US.
Red Collar Rescue works hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member.
5. If the initial meeting goes well, we make an appt and bring the pet to your home to meet all family members - human and furry.
6. Upon agreement by all parties, the adoption is finalized by signing the adoption contract and making an adoption donation for your newest family member.